Wednesday, June 8, 2011

dearest mommy

Dearest Mommy, 
When you wonder the meaning of life and love 
Know that I am with you 
Close your eyes and feel me kissing you 
In the gentle breeze across your cheek 
When you begin to doubt that you shall ever see me again 
Quiet your mind and hear me 
I am in the whisper of the heavens 
Speaking of your love 
When you lose your identity 
When you question who you are 
Where you are going 
Open your heart and see me 
I am the twinkle in the stars 
Smiling down upon you 
Lighting the path for your journey 
When you awaken each morning 
Not remembering your dreams 
But feeling content and serene 
Know that I was with you 
Filling your night with thoughts of me 
When you linger in the remnant pain 
Wholeness seeming so unfamiliar 
Think of me and know that I am with you 
Touching you through the shared tears of a gentle friend 
Easing the pain 
As the sunrise illuminates the desert sky 
In that breathtaking glory, awaken your spirit 
Think of our time together, all too brief, but ever brilliant 
When you were certain of your destiny 
Know that God created that moment in time, just for us. 
Dearest Mommy, I am with you always 

No comments:

Post a Comment